Sunday 2 July 2017

02/07/17 - Birdlog


Starting at Rilshaw Lane, I was surprised to observe a Kestrel hunting over one of the nearby fields. Perhaps a new pair have moved into this area as I don't recall seeing one on that side before. The scrapes were unusually quiet, only a handful of Black-headed Gull and 3 Pied Wagtail were taking advantage of the exposed mud.

With not much else about I moved on to view the East End viewing from the Sailing Club. I was delighted to pick up the first record of *COMMON SCOTER* for Winsford Flash (a handsome drake). At least 20 sailors were out on the water, therefore I couldn't quite believe the bird hadn't been flushed.



The only other birds of note today included the first Green Sandpiper of the year on the scrapes at Dairy House Farm and also a solitary Common Sandpiper.  


Observer: Findlay Wilde (all images)

No comments:

Post a Comment